Separation Anxiety

I have a 2 1/2 month old. I go to school 2 days a week and work 2 evenings out of the week. I don't know if she's having separation anxiety or what. In the evenings, she doesn't want anything to do with my husband. She only wants me. It's hard b/c I have school work to do, and I can't get a lot done. I think it's really hurting my husband's feelings. Is she too young to have separation anxiety? I'm breastfeeding too, so I know if that plays a part in it too. I've been reading that separation anxiety doesn't happen until around 8 months, and she's not even 3.

christenlrodrig

Asked by christenlrodrig at 9:25 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 4 months and does the same thing. I go to class in the mornings till around ten and he does not like me to leave his sight once i get back. It's so hard to get anything done. It gets easier tho when they take like one really long nap. But on the weekends when i don't leave him at all, he is fine and it does not matter who is holding him. I believe they do go through seperation anxiety.
    AmandaKay0515

Answer by AmandaKay0515 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i think the books are the average age they start that,..i could be wrong being a first timer but my dd is the same way when i leave the room or go to the kitchen, and she's only 4 mos..
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:39 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My daughter started around 2 months. It just means she trusts and loves her mommy. Not that she doesn't trust or love daddy at all. She has formed a bond with you. I know it can be hard and even frustrating. PM me if you want... my daughter is now 14 months and still has it.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yes, my daughter will be 3 months today at 1:20pm and she is the same way. She started it a couple of weeks ago. And yes, it makes Daddy sad. He always says "She hates me." I tell him that of course she doesn't . . . she just loves me more .. lol . . no, but seriously, I told him that he needs to entertain her more and that should help for their bonding. It always seems that mommies are known for their caregiving and daddies are known for the entertaining. Maybe sometimes when you are holding her, you can wrap her in one of daddy's shirts, obviously one he has already worn. It definitely can't hurt anything.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2008