RIGHT HIP PAIN SO BAD I CAN'T SLEEP,WALK OR SIT DOWN HORRIBLE?

Oh my god this is a pain I can't even explain I can't sleep on my back or my side because it hurts like crazy, I can't sit down because it hurts and when I get up to walk I can't I ask my doctor and she saids its normal but I can't believe such a pain could be normal some advice something that could make the pain go away at least a little bit cause this is so fustrated pleasee am 31 weeks pregnant and it seems like am gonna go crazy .

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like you have irritated/damaged your siatic nerve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sciatic_nerve
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 1:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was thinking sciatica too. Your baby's head is basically nesting your your sciatic nerve. Your doctor should recommend some stretches and positions to help with that. It probably won't go away until your baby moves away from it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• For pain I would try the heating pad/ice. Alternating between the two. Things like bending over, getting in/out of the car, simple tasks will aggravate your pain even more. I would definetly take it easy. Perhaps a warm bath could help too.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• what i take for my hip pain 2 orderless garlic pills yes i am not pregnant but it does work for me plus it won't hurt the baby
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It's sciatica. One of the joys of being pregnant. Not much you can do except physical therapy. It gets better once baby is here.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i sleep wit a big body pillow it helps alot!!!
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 9:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• heating pad, body pillow, warm bath... I'd look into seeing a prenatal chiropractor too (i've heard that helps with labor and delivery too so that's a bonus)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Use ice for when it flares up really badly. Use heat at night to relax the muscles. 20 minutes for ice or heat, then wait a while and put it back on for another 20 minutes.
    Ask your doctor for some stretches and easy exercises. I did pelvic tilts, they helped a lot. Ask your doctor how to do them. This kind of pain is usual as your body adjusts. Just because it's normal though, doesn't mean you have to live with it.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 4:43 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• sciatica.. definately
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 4:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yeah its totally normal when you are pregnant, usually when i experience that i try to sit or lay down on bed on a very comfortable position. Try that if not then try asking your doctor what could be the possible way to relieve you from the pain. DePuy Pinnacle

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 3:07 PM on Mar. 5, 2012