i'm not asking if i can, i'm asking opinions adult content

i gave birth 3 weeks ago and i feel fantastic. i'm not bleeding anymore and i want to have sex with my husband. think it's ok if we have sex with a condom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• No it's definitely NOT okay. Your body needs to heal. You just had life shoved out of your woo-hoo. Give it at least another week or two.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Honestly the choice is yours, but I would still talk to a doctor first. You dont know what can happen & of course using a condom would be smart since you could end up pregnant right away again....

But talk to a doctor first. What kind of birth did you have? Stitches are a major factor in this. You dont want to do anything that would cause them to tear, or get infected
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 2:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• IDK... my midwife asked if we had tried yet at my 6 week appt. She gave the impression that if I felt ok with it then it would have been ok. If you didn't tear or have stitches you are pretty well "healed". Go on how you feel, go slow, and tell the hubs he is going to have to stop if it doesn't feel right. That's just IMO though. Best to call ans ask at your docs office tomorrow I'd say.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Personally I dont think its okay I think your body needs to heal it has done alot of work and deserves the time needed to heal.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Actually, you could get an infection if you have sex that soon. Also, you need to let yourself rest. That's just craziness! Lol
    lizpiz

Answer by lizpiz at 2:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• oh yes ma'am def okay, if you feel fine do the dam thing, jus be careful, cuz yu could still be sore i kno i had sex with ma hubby, very soon after i gave birth i wuz hurting a little bit, but i wuz fine and my doctor wuz ok with it
    R0ddyzRide0rDi3

Answer by R0ddyzRide0rDi3 at 2:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My cousin induced labor a week early because her husband was going off for his first tour in Iraq. She had the baby early, and ended up having sex with him two days before he deployed. She said it was horribly painful. I think doctors tell you to wait so your body can shrink up a bit, and heal itself. Not because your very fertile (even though that may be true)
    It's your choice. If your hell bent on doing it, I would advise you go slow, and use copious amounts of lube... although, Idk if you can use lube so soon or not O.o
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have 4 kids and I never waited more then 3 weeks...my advice is take it very slow and easy, do not push it and do not force anything
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• it's up to you but i wouldn't recommend it based on my experiences.

i have 3 kids and my husband and i had sex long before the 6 week mark. with my first, we had sex 4 days postpartum AND i had stitches. he was deployed & came back when our daughter was born, i hadn't seen him in months & was scheduled to leave a few days later. it was very painful obviously, but tolerable if done slowly & w/o sudden movements. we waited 1 week with my second, no stitches. it felt great. no problems.. just really messy. i was stitched up again with my third and waited 2 weeks. it wasn't too bad. you just need to be really careful. you know your body and if you feel like you're ready, then don't let anyone tell you that you aren't. i would just advise you to be VERY VERY VERY CAREFUL! i'll probably get hell for this one! =P anyway, i just wanted to give you my opinion based on my experience. i did it and my cooter is just fine.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My answer would be almost identical to Morgain's.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010