Has anyone had Mirena "fall" out?

I tried checking for my strings, and can't seem to find them. Was wondering if anyone has had theirs come out, and if you noticed it or not.

lizpiz

Asked by lizpiz at 2:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• Yes, It was 2 weeks after my 6week checkup (when I had it put in)..My OB explained that it happens sometimes when your curvix isnt fully closed after having a baby..I felt crampy (like period cramps)...If it did happen to come out you deff would have found it in your panties .
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Mine did... I guess my body expelled it... I wiped after going the the bathroom and there it was
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• There are also times when your curvix swells and closes around the strings (happens alot after sex) making it hard to locate them...If I were you Id just wait a couple hours and check again..If it came out you would know.
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 2:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• mine fell out, i didn't notice it, and i ended up pregnant. i found out it had fallen out when i found out i was pregnant
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2010