Does anyone have a MIL who thinks it's their duty to make you feel like crap?

I do, and for almost 10 yrs now

blessedmama4

Asked by blessedmama4 at 2:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Awwwww I'm so sorry. I know it gets hard but don't let her get to you. Its going to sound really silly but when someone says something ugly or hurtful to me, I picture myself just covered in butter
    (Because butter is slippery) and I imagine all the cruelty slip down off of me with the butter and it actually makes me feel better. That little mantra helps to let go.
    Again I know it sounds loony and you might think I'm a nutjob LMAO but maybe you could find some sort of phrase or idk maybe a relaxation technique to make you
    Feel better. Good luck I hope it gets better :)
    my_monkey_baby

Answer by my_monkey_baby at 2:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes and one day she physically attacked me she is now out of my life
    pinkebabii

Answer by pinkebabii at 2:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yep but i don't let her get to me cause to me, she's nothing...
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• She tried to. But I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of letting her know she rattled me. She no longer has contact with us.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Heres more..

DH hasn't had any contact with her since he was a teenager. She never really seemed to care (according to him & from what I saw when we 1st got married ) until we had our 1st baby. She seems to think she is entitled to be in the children's life just because she gave birth to DH. He doesn't call her Mom, has no ties with her at all. She doesn't say she's sorry for DHs childhood (long story) I try to stay out of it and I get accused of making their "situation" worse?? I don't know sometimes I want to step in more than what I do. I tell her I am standing behind my husband and that's that. I do know there was physical and verbal abuse involved. She claims she has changed ( she still drinks a lot for sure) I don't know what to do. She makes me feel like total crap cause I don't go againist my husband. I just want to protect my children if needed , but I also don't want to hurt DH anymore than he already has been.
    blessedmama4

Comment by blessedmama4 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Aug. 18, 2010