thinking of going back to school, but undecided on either studying for medical office specialist/coding or social services? Advice from people in these fields plz.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• i'm not in either field, but i do have friends who do medical coding/assistant and can't find any jobs for the last couple years since the economy let down. it's not as "in demand" as they advertise it to be.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Check out monster.com or other Job advertising web sites. Jobs are more in demand in some areas than in others. Type in your zip code and see who's hiring. Usually there is a number next to the field your looking for to show how many oppertunites there are. Example

Nurse (52)
    Dentist (12)
    Teacher (15)
    etc.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I do medical billing for one of my accounting clients. I learned how to do this in an afternoon.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010