Did you have a baby shower? a baby homecoming party?

I had baby showers for girls, I didn't have one for my twins they were born early one of my twins passed away and my surviving twin son was in the hospital for 3 1/2 months and we couldn't have a party for him. Doctors prohibited us from having visitors for my son, we are just now able to take him out and have visitors and hes 17 months. We have alot of stuff from my surviving twin son for my unborn son I decided not to have a baby shower, we really have everything we need,, lots of diapers and wipes and clothes all the stuff I need. I'm really thinking about having a homecoming party for my baby but I'm not sure I'll be up for it, for one I have 3 living children and I'm going to be having a c-section. I'm not sure if I'll be coming home in 3 days or 4 days and if that much exposure to a newborn baby is even ok. I want to do somehting for him though. Any ideas? advice?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 2:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No I didn't do anything like that. No parties of any sort. Bought everything on our own.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 2:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, ask yourself this. Is the party really for the baby? Or is it for you? He's so young that having a party won't make a difference to him, and he wont remember it. On the other hand if you are having the party for you, are you going to be feeling well enought to enjoy it? Or will the planning, decorating, and financial stress be more burdensome then the party is even worth?

If someone else is organizing the party for you that is a different story. But if you have to do all the work yourself, with a c-section scar, and a children to raise it doesnt seem worth it. I think what is most important right now is your enjoyment and relaxation.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, I know that a homecoming party is a great thing to have so that relatives and friends can come over all at once, that way you don't have to make huge spread out plans to have people meet your baby. If you feel you wouldn't be recovered enough for this type of party, you could always have family come over and clean your house for you for the party :P Good reason to not have to clean for a whole day (or maybe a few house since you have more kids :P).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Nope because these are not British customs and that is where my girls were born.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I had to throw myself a shower. No one stepped up to give me one.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my mom and sisters threw me a baby shower but thats it.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• With my eldest people at work and my friends and family gave me showers. With my youngest no one did anything. I still had everything from his brother (even if it was 6 years in between lol).
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 18, 2010