kids starting preschool this year

do you think they will have the first day jitters? be scared when you leave? My son is so excited I dont think he will even know I exist when he walks in that door.... unless of course he gets hurt then he will cry mommy lol

jgwilliams

Asked by jgwilliams at 4:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 4 year old is starting preschool this year at the public school 2 days a week. His sister is only a year older and did the same program last year and we went to a lot of the family events, so he knows the classroom and the teachers and feels very comfortable with and excited about the whole idea. He's looking forward to getting on the bus with the big kids and going off to school by himself and does NOT want me to drive him to school or walk him to class on his first day.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Mine will be nervous, for she is very shy. I am sure she will warm up, and enjoy the pre school experience a lot.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i think mine will be excited, after she gets inside i have no clue what will happen, lol.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 2:27 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Maddox is so excited! We're doing a Mother's Day Out program where he goes once a week. He'll start with a half day ( 9:15 am - noon) and if he does well, I'll bump him up to a full day (until 3:15 pm) He loves being around other kids and I think he'll have a blast.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My son is already excited. This will be his 3 rd year at preschool. He keeps asking when he can go back...Aug 30!!!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2010