what would you do if a doctor just came out and asked you...... adult content

ok sooo my hubby and i got done having sex one night and like 30 minutes later I was in excruciating pain!!! so he took me to the ER told the doc what was wrong and the doc straight face and non chalant asks "you werent doing anything different from the ordinary during your intercourse?" I said what do you mean? the doc goes "well you know like fisting or anything of that sort" My jaw ropped I couldnt say a word my husband was like ahhh yeahhhh noooooo hell nooooo lol I laugh about it to this day the doc just came up like it was something he asked everyone!!!! turns out it was a ruptured ovarian cyst that had me in so much pain buy sheeeesh I will never forget that!

jgwilliams

Asked by jgwilliams at 4:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I don't think it's strange for a doctor to ask that. You'd be amazed what kinds of bizarre things they see in the ER, and it's better to just ask right out then to do all kinds of tests and exams when a simple question could have helped them figure it out. Seriously, I heard of someone having a ruptured rectum because they were sticking coke bottles up there and using the suction. I mean, that's not necessarily info they're just going to volunteer to the doc! Medical personal are trained to discuss everything matter-of-factly so as not to dramatize it or embarrass the person being intervewed. That's the best way to get accurate info. Hope you feel better!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• One of my best friends worked as an ER nurse most of the last ten years ~ and some of the stories she has told me (along with all that she's seen) well, believe me, that question wasn't at all strange.

What I find strange is all of the truly bizarre and ... scary people there apparently are out there lol.

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• well I do see where you are both coming from it just caught me off guard lol I did not expect that at all I live in a tiny small town my sis was an er nurse here and while there were some interesting things that happened it wasnt as often of an occurrence she was actually bored alot so yeah
    jgwilliams

Comment by jgwilliams (original poster) at 5:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You would be amazed and shocked at some of the things doctors and nurses see. After awhile, nothing really surprises them anymore. (I can't wait until I graduate and get my nursing license!!)

One lady came into the ob/gyn office complaining of heavy discharge and a bad odor. Turns out her and hubby used one of those plastic dish scrubbers as a sex toy and apparently forgot to take out. Nasty infection. OOPS!

Older (think grandma) lady is admitted to the hospital and is diagnosed with having a STD in her throat and mouth. Try explaining to granny how that bj she gave grandpa caused it. She knew he had it, poor thing just didn't know you could get it in your mouth and throat too. Then you have her adult children demanding to know what is wrong with her....
    jacejenkins

Answer by jacejenkins at 5:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I guess I am nieve, What is FISTING?

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Where a sex partner inserts their entire hand, fist, inside the vagina.
    jacejenkins

Answer by jacejenkins at 6:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't think it's strange at all, esp coming from an ER doc who's probably seen everything. He's just trying to get an accurate history.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• rolling on floor ahhh thanks for the laughs!!!!! As pp's have said, nothing dr's ask surprises me these days but its a funny story! Hope you feel better, I had a cyst rupture too!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It was an honest question, the doctor had to have a starting point to try and diagnose your problem. A friend of mine works in the ER in an urban hospital - she's told me stories that I would never have believed if she hadn't witnessed them.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i know a girl with 6 kids and her dh is BIG (my bff is married to his twin - how i know - they discuss it openly) anyways. the girl with 6 kids was having sex with her lg husband and her entire uterus wall tore! she said there was a trickle, then like a bucket of blood... and there are ppl who have to go to the ER with anal beads and other stuff Stuck in them... so yeah i bet that doc has to ask that ?? more than he wants to..
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010