daycare

I decided to take on a day care job 4 days after school .It is 230 to 530. He has special needs , but is quite functional. I am working 17 hours at school and have 3 kids one of which who has Downs Syndrome . what shld I ask for a week? I did this last summer,,,sometimes 12 hours a day and I got 30 a day. this was part my fault for saying hes easy and he will keep my kids company. basically she gave me 80 a week for sometimes 34 hours!!!! I have a feeling shes looking for a deal,but i cannot do it. I am giving up my afternoons!!!! What would you ask for ,,itll be approx 12 hours!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would be asking about 10 per hour at minimum -- esp since he is special needs. If you have CNA training or anything like that, I would be asking the average home health aide rate in your area.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 7:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You can find out rates that different people charge in your area by checking www.care.com. You search by zipcode. It will show hourly rates. You can see people looking for jobs and people looking for help. www.sittercity.com is another site. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Average daycare here is $15 per day and $8 for half day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree with elizaber. Find out the going rate in your area. Whatever you decide to charge, get it down in writing, so she doesn't take advantage of you again.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2010