Mosque near Ground Zero

I guess I don't see the big deal on the Islamic Center that will have a mosque in it being built. It isn't going to be directly at Ground Zero, but two blocks away. There are other Mosques within that radius. I know that it was Muslim extremists that few into the twin towers, but we can not hold all Muslim people accountable for the actions of some. Anyone elses thoughts? Here is a link to some questions and answers:
http://www.whec.com/article/stories/S1699830.shtml?cat=0

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• MooNFaeRie30

Comment by MooNFaeRie30 (original poster) at 6:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have no problems with it. It's not technically a mosque. It's a community center & it will include a gym & a cullinary arts school. The last 2 stories of the 9 story building, will be for muslims. A misque is like a church, in which it is only used for prayer & worship. This place will not be a "Mosque", but a community center. I find it sickening all the hatred & false information some have spewed about this.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• * mosque
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Location is the main issue..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have no problem with it or the location. I fully support both. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZpT2Muxoo0&feature=player_embedded

very funny i posted this on my journals and not one cafemom had anything to say but the answer section is full of opinions... perhaps you would benefit in hearing all of this!!!

Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my above statement is to cm'ers not to the orginal poster. my opinion is this. We have the right to assembly peacefully and we do that peacefully. The original mosque that was in this area and they had to vacate was over a nighclub.. one i use to frequent alot as a "christian". and trust me nothing good goes up in there for the muslim. it breaks every single belief we have in terms of socializing. But not one muslim protested this place. they prayed and they went home. also the mosque is not just two blocks away... watch the video for more info. and this location issue doesn't explain the pipebombing of mosque in florida nor the hateful protesting of mosque all over the US. nor the campaign that Islam is the Devil all over america and online. whether this islamic center/mosques opens or not.. Islam is still prevailing. all you have to do is look at the amount of americans converting to islam after 9/11 i was one of th
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I know Muslims who are against it and there are many others who see what it will be used for. To bad the liberal/progressive PC movement doesn't have enough sense to see it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• of them and right here on cafemom.. people convert to islam.. why? because they equip themselves with knowledge and they don't buy into the poop that islam is violent and of the devil. Islam goes back 1400 years.. and today is not being spread by the sword as some would say.. it's being spread by the Truth. and it will continue. Allah says in the Quran that he will perfect islam even if the disbelievers hate it. that means that he does NOT need the muslim to do anything. and still islam will succeed. it really cracks me up the hypocracy on this site where are the constitutional screamers now?
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• "Location is the main issue.. "

If that is the big problem, then why are there protests at mosque's all over the country?
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2010