baby medicines

My 3 month old sounds congested, and i really want to give him medicine but not sure which will work... anyone know which one i can give him???

GINABELLE88

Asked by GINABELLE88 at 9:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take him to the doctor cause alot of the OTC don't work at that age .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Try putting baby vicks on him and use the vapor plug ins .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• is the congestion sounding like its from his nose only? if so, you can get little noses saline solution, and add a few drops to each nostril and use the little sucky thing, and suction his nose, is it mostly in the mornings or all the time? if its in the mornings, i would add a humidifier to his room, if its all the time, call the doctor, and ask about other medicines.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I seem to have the same issue with my 5 month old who seems to congested more in the morning/overnight; but lately it seems like all the time. We have put a humidifier in his room (no luck), we are now trying the vapor plug-ins (hopefully will know in the am). Other than that we just use a saline spray to loosen the mucous and suction his "boogies" out.....poor thing hate it. Good luck
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Not much you can give. My LO was really congested in the mornings, I didnt have baby vicks, so I put regular vicks on his feet, and covered with socks. Also put something under his bed, not his head, or mattress actually under his bed to tilt it so the stuff drains better. Than in the morning I put him in his bouncy chair and my and DF take our showers with Lo in the bathroom, the steam really helps.
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 8, 2008