Whats the best laxative??

I had a child in 06 and one in 07... both times I had a hemorrhoid in the same spot. Well I have had huge poops ever since I was a little girl, it runs in the family. This has caused the spot where the hem. was to tear and it wont heal because I keep having these huge turds. I've never taken a laxative before and i think I need to. What kind works best. I would kinda like something natural but if you know something thats not and works well, please let me know. And sorry if this grossed you out but I figured this is the place to ask.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Health

• u can eat prunes and eat / drink very fiber inriched foods, or if u want something else, epsom salt is a laxative, i do warn u though if ur not really constipated it will give to diahrrria my DH uses it to lose weight, clean himself out!
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 9:35 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• i think you need a stool softener. Colrite is a good one.
    debyduz

Answer by debyduz at 10:54 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• apple cider daily. cheap, easy and quick.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I think laxatives are going to make the hemmoroid worse! You'll be going so much you'll really irritate and tear it more.

The stool softeners just give me diarrhea maybe it will be o.k for you though.

Are you drinking 8 glasses of water a day? Try that first.

If that doesnt help increase your fruit and veggie intake to 8 a day. If you have a hard time with that, try Fiberchoice supplements, activia or danactive yougurts seem to help a lot too

If that all fails, try an herbal detox tea like yogi teas, you have to take it at night as they take some time to take effect. They are pretty gentle. You can also try 1 tsp of seasalt per 1 quart or 4 cups of water. If you HAVE to take a laxative, senokot seem to be the most gentle

But really try to increase your fruit/vegetable/fiber intake and get your minimum of 8 glasses of water a day and things should soften right up
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 12, 2008