Preeclampsia and Eclampsia

has anyone had or have this problem during there pregnancy?

was your baby ok? how did you deal with it?

lscott2208

Asked by lscott2208 at 6:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah I had preeclampsia with my twins. It came on quickly. I was seeing the doc every two weeks. When I went in for my 32 week check up that's when we caught it. It was very severe at that point and I had to be delivered that day by emergency c-section.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 6:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yes I had preeclampsia. The doctor noticed it around my 4th month. My BP would not stop rising as the weeks passed and I started gaining soo much water weight. At 32 weeks my BP was so high I had to be on hospital bedrest. A week later as I was sleeping my BP topped 197/119 at 33 weeks and the doctor broke my water and took the baby. Be careful because this is a very serious condition.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 8:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was becoming preeclampic with both of my children. The first they started to induce me 2 weeks early on a Monday and she was born by C-Section on Thursday. My second I was to have a scheduled C-Section at 8 days early and they did the C-Section 5 days earlier than that b/c my BP was so high. Both children are perfect. The C-sections were fine, I think better than a vag would have been. MY BP went down immediatly with the first and the swelling 5 days later(But some of that was due to the drugs and the surgery). MY BP took over a month to come down after the second. The Dr wanted to put me on drugs but I refused and now my BP is just fine.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 8:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010