False Labor? And Frustrated!

I have been having strong tightening like contractions all last night and early this morning. Sometimes they are 4 min apart. Sometimes they are 10 min for awhile and then go to 15. This is getting so frustrating for me. Today is my due date! My son came in the 39th week two years ago. As of yesterday I was 2 centimeters dilated. Could this be labor? This is totally different than with my son. Also when I am having contractions I get sharp shooting pains inside my V. Any advice or thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like beginning labor to me. Either call your Doctor or wait until they become constant. for close to an hour. My youngest did the same thing to me.Strong pains that were, 30 secs long, 5 mins apart. as soon as I went in or laid down, they stopped. Did this for three days.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sounds like you are close. But, it may still be a few days or even a couple weeks. Your due date isn't an eviction notice. It is merely the middle of your due month. 38-42 weeks is normal. Don't get frustrated. Your body sounds like it is gearing up for labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Every childbirth is different. Your body is getting ready to deliver, and it could be a few more days. Be patient and use this time to rest up for the days and weeks ahead.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sounds like it to me. You could try walking to get them more consistant :) GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• sounds like you're warming up... i agree with sabrenaleigh... try walking :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree to walk. It's good exercise even if it doesn't get things moving, and does generally help the cervix open a bit. Walking during labor helps, too. I've had predomal labor (extended prelabor like this) with 2 of my 4. It is not fun. But when it is the real thing, you will know the difference. Try to stay as relaxed and rested as you can. Maintain a Zen attitude about baby coming when he is ready, and don't let well meaning individuals pressure you into doing things to 'help move things along'. At some point I stopped answering my phone because every time someone called to ask if that baby was here yet I wanted to scream and it did not help my zen. So I changed my voicemail to let people know I wasn't taking calls right now and I would be sure to let everyone know when the baby had arrived, and just didn't answer my phone and had DH screen my voicemails for me and just not bug me about any of those messages.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010