am I asking to much?!

my MIL babysits for $100 a week. On M, W, and F I am home by 12:45 pm I leave at 7:40am. On T and Th I get home by 3pm leave at 7:45am. The kids are 9, 6, and 2.
All I ask is that she brings the kids outside, our yard is sucured so the older ones can play outside with being checked on. She tells me I can bring them out when I get home. Is it too much to ask that my kids get the nice warm summer air while it is still here?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 7:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have no idea where you live nor what the summer temperatures have been like. I too am a grandmother and I have not taken my grandchildren out in the heat of the day. The temps here have been in the mid to upper 90's for most of the summer, and we have had extremely high temperatures. There have been warnings every day about the high heat indices. Even their parents haven't taken them out until late afternoon and early evening. I think you are perhaps being a bit too picky about this. It may also be that she is fearful of something happening to them on her watch and that she feels more secure about keeping them safe if they are inside. I think you should let this alone!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, taking them outside seems like a pretty simple request and I am not sure why she objects to doing so. On the other hand, you have a pretty sweet childcare deal, and this issue probably isn't worth blowing that deal over. If you have to just let the issue go, I would do that to keep the peace and keep your nice arrangement you have with her.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:30 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well no, it's not too much too ask but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it :)
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I guess this would depend on the heat factor and your MIL's physical condition.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I know here the heat index is above 105 most days. I take my children outside as the sun sets. Also, your MIL may be concerned about being outside alone with the children. I think I wouldn't push the issue and just take the children out when you get home.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• thanks ladies.
    our weather is like 80s. MIL is in good shape. :)
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010