does anyone else think powdered milk tastes weird

i personally don't like it but my 2 yr old will drink it and thats what counts cause he could go through a gallon a day and powder is cheaper...

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 9:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I always mix it. I have a gallon jug, and buy a quart of 2% milk. Make a half gallon and a quart of powdered milk before going to bed, and mix it with the quart of 2% and chill over night. DH who says he'll never drink powdered milk has been drinking it for months and has no idea. We've tried the powdered milk plain, and we don't like it at all. Just that little bit of fat and the fresh milk make all the difference in the world.
    BearsMommy

Answer by BearsMommy at 11:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I think that is a good idea. I think it tastes weird but I don't drink milk. BUT..... one day i was out of milk and I had to make Mac n cheese and all I had was powdered milk from my bread machine and it made AWESOME mac n cheese. That was a long time ago but now that my husband is out of work and we go through about 12 gallons of milk a pay period I may use powdered milk for that and hamburger helper and etc. It will be way cheaper. We made 2 boxes of helper tonight and it took 3 and 1/2 cups of milk!!!!
    28yroldgranny

Answer by 28yroldgranny at 9:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I can't stand the taste of powdered milk...but I do cook with it! Like you said, it's cheaper and I don't like using 1/2 gallong of milk to cook. But as far as drinking it, I can't stand it...but if you're little one likes it that's awesome!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I used to mix it with regular milk and the kids never knew, but I had to be careful not to get caught!
    DanaSkullery

Answer by DanaSkullery at 10:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I dont like it. If your little one likes it thats great!!
    PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• its nasty omg
    capemaygirl

Answer by capemaygirl at 10:55 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It does taste weird. I mix it one part to 3 parts regular milk to stretch our budget.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2008