Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Moving on...

My husband cheated on me with another woman. I simply want a divorce but divorce is very expensive and I don't have the money because right now I'm not working. I went to supreme court to file separation but in order for that, I would need him to be here. I called my husband and he said "if you want the divorce, you pay for it". So My mom,mother-in-law-, and friends says focus on my child I. If he falls in love he would get the divorce. They also said get the benefits. Come to find out my husband and his friend are dating sisters so I'm guessing it's a bet kinda thing. I tried to warn the girl that my husband was only using her and basically telling her he's a red flag because she didn't know he was married or had a child at the time and all she said was thanks. As for me, I'm finding a job and gonna go back to school. I feel pretty good about things. I'm not really stressing over him as I was. He's a dog....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • He sounds like a complete loser. If I were you I would try to find a lawyer that might take payments so you can get away from that guy. Do you honestly want your children to grow up around that? I wouldnt want my children to see my husband disrespecting me like that. Divorce his ass and find someone worth your time.

    Answer by my2loves0607 at 8:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

  • I agree, wait for him to find someone else to marry and make him pay for it all.

    Focus on yourself and your child and set some goals that'll make your lives better and give you confidence that you don't need his sorry a$$. If the other girl decides to stay with him then that's her problem, maybe she'll get him to file for the divorce.

    Good Luck Sweetie! I Wish You the Best!

    Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

  • Sometimes its good to rid yourself of dead weight, sounds like a real ass! Hopefully he'll step up & want to be a dad, sure failed as a husband! Glad to hear you just lost a whole bunch of unneeded weight!

    Answer by Nyx7 at 8:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

  • I would try to look into filing for support like child support since he left your family to fend on your own.. and you guys are separated you might be able to file. I dont know for sure but any kind of money could help the transition for you and your child. You could wait for him to file for divorce but doing so could give him the upper hand. Out weigh your options and what would be best for you and your family. Since you arent working you might be entitled to alimony as well. I wish the best for you. If it was me I would slap his butt with the divorce and file for alimony and child support. Screw him!!!

    Answer by DNR at 8:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

  • When you go to court a good lawyer would have it in the divorce that your husband needs to pay for the divorce. My DH's ex did that to him........she worked part time and got a lawyer through the court, she wouldn't sign the papers for divorce when he filed ~ she wanted to make his life "hell" ~ so when she wanted to get married again she needed it and then decided that since he worked and made more than her he should have to pay for it.........he got stuck paying for it. Congratulations on moving on from an ass!! I think that you should screw him out of everything that you can. You need to get a lawyer, even if it's one that's appointed through the court system. Try to stay away from his "girlfriend", all she's going to do is tell him what you said and probably not believe you anyway. She'll think you're just the "jealous wife". Good luck :)


    Answer by colethky at 8:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

  • atleast call lawyers and try to get a free consult. dont wait for him to fall in love, find a way to pay for the divorce and get it out of the way. is he in the military or something? is that why you have to wait for him to get back? if he is i would contact his chain of command with the information and they will be able to do something about the situation, like make sure he sends you money for you and the child etc etc

    Answer by 3xangel at 8:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

  • Chreating is grounds for divorce (someone very close to me is going through this same situation)... She saved 500 for the first visit with attorney, at this point she will be getting ALL her attorney fees paid, rent and all utilities, spousal support and child support.. pretty much these men screw themselves!! If i were you i would not just sit around and act is if all is well... if it was all good, you wouldn't have posted on here.. get honest with yourself and take control of the situation and don't let this man continue to use you as a door mat! Your better than that and can be stronger than your being.. He is in the wrong and now it's time for him to pay the concequences for HIS ACTIONS! There are attorneys out there who don't ask for alot especially when they know adultery has been commited. The very best of luck to you and your little one ;)

    Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.