Quitting Smoking.

What method/methods did you use? Did they work? Are you still smoke free?

my2loves0607

Asked by my2loves0607 at 8:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• I quit when I found out I was pregnant. Picked it up after I had her, maybe a year after. Then I thought to myself, Why would I want to go back to this disgusting, smelly, cancer causing, life ending crap! I want to be around to see my dd grow up & have the energy to do things w/ her not be dying of cancer & having to go thru chemo & radiation & worry about all the things I'm going to miss out on. My dd is why I quit & why I stay an ex smoker. Whenever I think of smoking I imagine blowing the smoke out directly into her face. That image is enough to get me to never pick one up. I smoked a pack to a pack & 1/2 a day for 10 years, the day I found out I was pregnant I put em in the trash.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I quit in 1999 and am still smoke free although it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I stopped smoking at home first and then slowly included the car and my job and going out. I had to quit going out for a while because everytime I had my second drink I would light up. It was hard but I don't regret it.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2010