first day of kindergarten...anxious mom!

i've been informed that a teacher/aide will unload car-kids, and walk them to their classroom. i'm supposed to move on, and not worry..rather than walk him to class myself. (yeah, i can see what a hot mess it'd be, with 8 kindergarten classes, etc.)

i'm gonna wonder all day if he got to his class!! how do i not worry??

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 8:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm sure that if you leave him with the teacher he'll be fine. You can always call once you get home/work to make sure. It may be hard on you but it really is best to drop him off and go. He'll be okay. Think of all the new friends and new experiences he'll have. My daughter starts grade one this year and I'm so nervous but more so excited for her. Such a big stepping stone for our kids. You'll be okay, and so will he.
    Best of luck.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The aides handle children everyday, your baby will be fine. I know it's hard but they will come home with an amazing story to tell you about their first day @ school...Oh, I emailed the teacher on the first day making sure everything was ok. Kindergarten teachers understand it's hard on the parents.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• It took me at least a week to stop feeling anxious when my baby girl started Kindergarten. And I did get to walk her to her class on the 1st day. It's hard to let them be in someone else's hands for that many hours/days. Just make some special time for when they come home & share their day w/ you. I learned to cherish those moments- since there's always something to share!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Your child will be fine. :)
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Chill! For goodness' sake, they'll get him to his class. It's not like they'd ignore a 5-year-old who was standing around looking lost. They've done this many times before.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The aide will get him to class! Relax. You will stop worrying when you pick him back up and he's fine. He will be so exicited to tell you all about his day!! Deep Breathe!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Just dont.. kids are actually much smarter than you think.. he will be fine! I was worried my daughter wouldn't find her classroom on her first day(yesterday) so I walked with her.. she found it right off! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My little guys first day was today. Yes, the school 'encourages' that we just let them out and go to class by themselves, but I still parked and walked him up. I'll let him walk to class when I think he's ready for it (maybe next week lol). But the faculty won't let a little one wander around, they will make sure they get to where they are supposed to be.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 18, 2010