Are your tweens dressing age appropiately?

Many Mothers feel that their tweens want to dress older due to so much on the news and commercials in the stores. Do your tweens want to do this? I'm curious to see my DD's 12 year old DD this year and see what she decides she wants to wear, or what my DD agrees to let her wear.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i let my DD10 pick out her clothes. Sometimes they are crazy colors or patterns, but we have specific rules that she has to follow; nothing low cut, tight, or past her fingertips on her thigh (including shorts). Nothing see-through. She's a pretty trendy kid, but age appropriate.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I've had to tone down my DD when she was younger. But not much. I've seen some in later elementary school and middle school dressing so inappropriate!! Once on Halloween, I saw a middle schooler walking home from the Halloween dance dressed as a playboy bunny!!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• all i know, is that my DD will not under dress. I don't mind fashionable clothes, as long as they're apropriate for a 12 year old. She can wear whatever she wants after she is 18 & out of my house, but before that, she will dress respecfully.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• YES she does! For school, she HAS to wear a uniform skirt (to the knees) and white blouse. But for leisure and dress clothes we are very conservative in the clothing we allow her to buy. If it doesn't fit our standards, it does not get bought.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 8:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I no longer have TWEENS. And we never let them dress inappropriately.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:36 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Depends on what you feel is age approprate? My dd isnt showing a bunch of legs or wearing tanks to school or low cut shirts-but she is shopping the juniors deparment since that is what fits her 12yr body-my 6yr loves Justice, and I think they are cute and dressed their age with their own flair.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 10:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2010