We have a party every year and my 8 year old daughter did not invite the "mean girl" and does not want to invite her this year either. The mom was furioe asking why she was not invited 4mean e-maills involved the 2nd grade teacher and called 2 times. I replied politely saying it is a family party and not everyone can be invite. I have 3 kids and last year there ere 66 kids. Still to this day this mom is rude and bad mouths me any chanhe she gets what do I do besides avoid her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Pray that her daughter doesn't turn out like her. i don't know what I would do in this situation, but I hope it gets resolved...HUGS!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 9:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Keep avoiding her, hopefully she will go away. Sounds like she is a crazy b**ch and I'm sure you are not the only one she acts that way with. Those that hear her bad mouthing you probably already know she is full of $hit and can't stand her either.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Tell her point blank that because of her own rude and mean behaviour which she is teaching her daughter is the reason why. Until they both become civil her daughter won't be invited to anything. Being invited is a privilege not a right.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well i would have told her the truth... Your daughter is mean and rude and she is not invited... Now you have the mother being the same way just tell her the truth.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Her daughter gets that behavior from her mother. I would just keep it real with her and say I dont want your daughter and my childs party because she is not nice to my kid. Also, its your childs party she can invite or not invite anyone she chooses. Maybe if the "mean girl" and her mother had better attitudes they might get invited one year.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If she's mean and rude, there's no reason not to tell her the truth. Her daughter is mean so your daughter doesn't want her there. Frankly, I'd tell her (the mom) to grow up because acting like an ass doesn't get you invited to parties.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, try to look at it from her perspective. If you are having parties for your kids & you invite 66 people (way more than necessary), it's probably pretty normal that her daughter is going to get her feelings hurt. Obviously, if you are having parties that big for a child, there must be lots of fun things happening & she feels left out. You made it sound like she had been invited before. Of course her feelings are going to be hurt that she was the only one not invited this year. Her mom is upset that her daughters feelings are hurt, as any mom would be. Is she going over board? Yes, maybe a little. But, parents can get a bit out of hand when it comes to the well being of thier children. No one wants their kids to have their feelings hurt. I would invite her, even if DD did not want her there. That would make you the better person. If there is 66 people there, you're DD won't even notice her. I feel bad for the mean girl.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Well, I suppose its obvious where the little girl gets her "meanness" from. I would just continue to avoid her. It sounds like confronting this woman would do nothing more than fuel the fire. She sounds like shes very ignorant.You did the right thing by respnding politely to explain why her daughter wasn't invited. You could have been mean right back and told her it was because her daughter is mean..but you didn't. You did it in a very tactful way.
    I can imagine that it would be irritating to have someone bad mouthing you any chance she gets though. But try to keep your cool and don't fall into her charade.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Thank you all . This party is for my 3 kids friends and cousins and my friends kids and even though it may sound excessive it is something they look forward to each and every year (most importantly my own). When I made the decision I knew this child would be disappointed but I put it in my perspective that I would not invite someone that treated me like a bully to a party I had for my friends so why should I tell my child and teach her that this behavior should be tolerated when given a choice. This child would have been noticed more then the others, because they are put into groups by age and events are done per age group so my daughter would have been in a group with her. If it ware reversed, first I have never asked or commented on why any of my kids were not invited to anything to me it is the person choice but by chance if I did I would ask from a growth perspective to see if my daughter did something.
    cozytime

Answer by cozytime at 9:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2010