We have a party every year and my 8 year old daughter did not invite the "mean girl" and does not want to invite her this year either. The mom was furious asking why she was not invited 4 mean e-maills involved the 2nd grade teacher and called 2 times. I replied politely saying it is a family party and not everyone can be invited. I have 3 kids and last year there were 66 kids.

Still to this day this mom is rude and bad mouths me to my face and behind my back any change she gets what do I do besides avoid her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Avoid her. It's obvious where her daughter gets it from, you know?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• There is nothing you can do as far as legally. Unfortunately it isn't against the law to be rude to someone. Block her phone #, emails and whatever else she contacts you with. Talk with the teacher, if you haven't already, and document everything if she does start acting in a threatening manner.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Wow, she's classy. I would keep track of all the emails and any other correspondence just in case. Anyone who has a brain won't listen to or believe the garbage she is spouting. It sounds like a hissy fit an adult would not throw but she doesn't sound very adult.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We are so caught up being politically correct- fact of he mattrer is this kid is mean- everyone knows it, the teacher, her mum & u. It is ip to you who you "invite" to your party that is the definition of the word " invite". Tell the mum to stop kicking up a diss and start addressing the real issue- teach her kid to get along- it will be a life Lesson that will help her more than her mum bullying others into getting invites into parties!
    Stick to your guns & happy birthday for your wee one- enjoy a bully free day!!
    Crysalisgirl

Answer by Crysalisgirl at 9:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Ignore her. Now you know why her DD is the 'mean' girl.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• when i was in the 4th grade there was a mean girl not invited to a birthday party. she was the only girl not invited. the teacher asked the mom to invite her, and she did. the mean girl went to the party and we saw a whole new side of her, and she was no longer the mean girl after that. seriously...consider the source of the meanness. maybe she doesn't know how to make friends...look at the example she gets from her mom. i would invite her, and ask the girls to show her how to be a friend.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• well, now we know where the kid gets it... you're not obligated to have anyone at your house that you don't want there
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Wow! Maybe the "mean girl" and her mother should get a clue. The nut don't fall far from the tree. My locial brain says jusyt to ignore the woman. The other part of me. Well anyway hang in there.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would say this "If you have an issue with your daughter no being invited to a party, then maybe you AND her need to recheck your attitude towards other people. Your behavior towards me and your daughter's behavior towards my daughter does not intice me to invite either of you to the party. If you feel left out or neglected, then maybe you should choose to be nicer to other people." Then leave it at that. Avoid her and ignore anything she tries to start with you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think at this point its fair to say to her, "I refuse to invite people who are not friendly to me or my daughter into MY HOME, to celebrate my daughter's birthday, based on (then list the emails, phone calls and their attitude)..."

You might close with "and until you and your daughter start showing me an MY daughter some genuine respect towards others, my daughter's party isn't going to be the ONLY party your daughter is going to miss out on!!" LOL

The nerve of some people!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2010