Is your HOA a pain?

Our's is all about rules, rules, rules... Any time they communicate everything its all about rules. Their news letter- more rules.
I sent an email to ask for some info about recycling... no response.
Maybe I should send them a copy of one of our old neighborhood newsletters so they know what it should look like :)

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 9:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• No, our's is great. We have lot's of clubs (garden, women's, empty-nesters...) and the rules are there but not thrown in our face all the time.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Ours is HORRIBLE!!! They are totally out of control. Last time they came to my door to remind me that the front porch is not to be used for "storage", I have a bench and my children's bikes on the porch and that is it, I told them they had to the count of 3 to get off my property before I called the cops and reported them for tresspassing and suspicious behavior. With the azalea bush that grows around my front porch you can';t see the bikes, so you have to come and "search" my property to even know they are there.

GET A LIFE!! I hate them
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, ours isn't bad.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Our HOA has become less of a pain in the ass thanks to the forclosure rates here. There are so many ppl not paying their association dues that they've shut up.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• That's why you NEVER buy a home with a HOA. EVER.
    It is YOUR property, nobody should have the right to tell you how to keep it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We don't have a HOA for our neighborhood.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:53 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• We don't have an HOA...we have renter trash and drunk unemployed people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Mind is good I'm one of the trustees.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:53 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No. Right now ours isn't doing jack. I wish they would get some of these people to comply. There are a few houses in our neighborhood that look like trash and it drives me nuts. So many have foreclosed though that the HOA hasn't been getting paid as much and they've been letting a lot slide.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:44 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No HOA at our home we can do what we want on our property perks of living in the country
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:06 PM on Aug. 18, 2010