when should u introduce your child to your new boyfriend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I notice a lot of mothers are saying wait until you are in a stage where you are talking about marriage....but what if she has her kids with her 100 percent of the time and the kids farther is not in the picture? This mother should trust her instincts and she will know when the right time is to bring the guy around the kids. I think the mother should not have to be stressed about not having a babysitter to watch her kids because she wants to date but afraid to bring the guy around. basically if you feel u cant bring the guy around after a few months then u need to leave this guy alone...
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No sooner then 6mths and only AFTER your closest friends and family have met him several times. You need to see how he interacts with them before you introduce him to the single most important person in your life
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:20 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Is it for your benefit or your wee ones? It is YOUR job to make a stable safe place for YOUR child, you get your head right regarding the safety and stability if your relationship before exposing your lil one to hurt or confusion.
    Crysalisgirl

Answer by Crysalisgirl at 9:26 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• After he has proposed, you have a ring and a date for the wedding.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Good one "NannyB"! Kids need to be protected from possible "revolving door" relationships. It's okay to know that mommy has a life w/ a romantic interest- but don't let him get too close.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• When you feel comfortable to.
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Seriously speaking, my mom would introduce us to her boyfriends when she started wanting to see more of them. Kids don't just attached themselves to people like glue! If she saw more of them, then we did. It really was hard when she broke up with a guy after dating him for four years....but honestly, I understood... it's not like I didn't go through my parents divorce, I understood already that sometimes it just doesn't work out.
    That being said, my mom didn't date dirt bags. She dated respectable people, and she NEVER left us alone with them. They did not LIVE with us EVER. She made these rules because as a dating single mother... she knew what could happen, and those rules were to protect her kids.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 9:30 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• depends on the age/comprehension of the child. if this new bf is going to be around a while, and in your life, the child should be a part of that relationship. the child should come first, no matter what.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• if you're going to marry him
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• When you are sure that he is right for your family and he is also sure that he is right for your family.
    Make sure that he fits in with the kids too.
    When your family doesn't mesh it can put a strain on your marriage, and a strain on your relationship with your children.
    Weigh your options!
    Is he worth it?
    Do you really feel he deserves to be in yours and your childrens lives?
    Make sure he's not just there for what he can get.
    Or visa versa what you can get.
    Is it love or lust.
    If there is no real love then don't bring him to meet the children!
    And make sure he is willing to be there for you and the kids. Physically, mentally and emotionally.
    Thats only my opinion of course.
    Mythreesonsmom

Answer by Mythreesonsmom at 9:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2010