Working out

Reciently I started jogging a mile and doing 20 mintue sweat workouts. Is it safe to work out everyday or should I take days off?

my2loves0607

Asked by my2loves0607 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You should see a doctor before you start working out.

As long as your healthy I don't see why not but I was told by my doctor, work diffrent parts of the body every other day or so. Meaning I would walk daily and work my stomach one night, then my legs the next then go back to my stomach...

I need to get back on the ball I was doing well and felt great... Good luck and remember always strectch without stretch there is alway injury... :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If you're not really worn out, there's no reason you couldn't do this type of workout every day.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I'd take one day a week off to just stretch or do yoga or something. I think you'll find that you feel stronger the next day that you work out because your body has had time to rebuild muscle
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I asked my trainer the same thing. My body was so sore i could barely move. I was told that its recommended to not take a day off if you have a high weight loss goal its just best to take it easier the next day and to work on another body part that day. for example cardio every other day and weights every other day
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You just rest at least one day a week. Your body needs to recover. I only workout 5-6 days a week. Don't go an be a couch potato on your rest day. Maybe walk the mile instead of run it that day and skip the sweat workout.
    TurboMom81

Answer by TurboMom81 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• you need to rest your muscles sometimes. If you're working out really hard & your body is not yet used to it, you can burn out easier & it will make working out seem that much more shitty. In the beginning, i would do every other day until you build enough strength & stamina to do it every day.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2010