Slept in my car in a private lot

Right now I don't have money to sleep in a bed. So, I'm sleeping in my car. Before, I got away by sleeping in an apartment complex. The next night, I looked for another apartment complex. I thought I found one, but it turned out to be a retirement complex. An elderly woman came to the car with a piece of paper in her hand (I'm sure to take down my tag number). She told me to leave, and so I did. I eventually found a church unlit parking lot in the country to get some rest.

Question - if the elderly lady filed a complaint with the police, what should I expect?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Im not sure what would happen. I think maybe trespassing on private property. You know there are homeless shelters?
    my2loves0607

Answer by my2loves0607 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If she even bothered to call the police they won't do anything unless you return there & she calls back saying its the same car. Don't worry about it, hope things get better for you!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Where are you typing from....? sad sorry you are in this situation......
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Awwww, I don't know but you must be at the library in order to use the computer...

They should have help out there for now you should go to social service most likely they will give you a room, they might exhaust you but at least you will have a bed, shower and they will help with food. No one should live in a car, until you get on your feet. There should not be shame, because the best of people go through what your going through....

I wish you the best... Keep your head up!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• not sure... they might not do anything about it if you don't go back to that same place.
    walmart parking lots are pretty good place to park believe it or not... I've stopped on road trips to sleep an hour or two when driving over night and they have cops there to make sure people are safe and they won't run you off... I've also parked in hotel parking lots before.
    Please keep your doors locked!!! be safe :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• ok, why are you sleeping in your CAR? Where are your kids? How are you posing this if you have no place to stay?? Do you know how DANGEROUS it is to sleep in your car? Michael Jordan's father was KILLED because he fell asleep in his car at a rest area... GO TO A HOMELESS SHELTER FOR PETE'S SAKE!

Now, she probably didn't file a complaint. if she did, the police'll be on the lookout and probably talk to you, ask WHY you're sleeping in your car, and direct you to the nearest shelter.
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 9:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Go to a Wal-Mart parking lot to sleep. You can get away with it for at least 2 weeks. We did. Then, if a policeman finds you, like one came to us, he made sure we were ok...asked some questions, gave us water bottles and granola bars. Later someone told us to go to a firestation, we got help there, got put in a shelter and given some money and food and a shower. Plus a hotel night stay and a free meal at a restaurant and checks for Wal-Mart and a Grocery Store. Plus they put gas in my car.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If you didn't go back to the parking lot, then there's nothing the police can do to you.
    You should go to a woman's shelter or some sort of shelter.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2010