Which family member is the most helpful or encouraging to you?

I guess I would have to say my mother. She would go far beyond her means to help me in any way possible. She watched my oldest two sons while I did student teaching and finished college. She prays for me every day and always has encouraging words for me and my children, even though we can only be in touch over the phone during most of the year.

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• My children, my s/o, my grandchildren, and my my mom. My daughter and son encouraged me to go back to school. My s/o supported m,y decision and my mom told me that it was about time. The most touching thing is having my now 9 yr old grandson call me on the telephone and ask me if I need help with my homework.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Most of the time I would have to say my Mom.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my sister and my mom
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• my husband. my mom, to put it nicely has some mental issues that she refuses to seek help for so i haven't talked to her or seen her since christmas. my dad, who loves to come over once every 2 weeks to see my daughter and whom i get along better with now than ever, has always been a negative person, so I don't seek him for advice or encouragement. I have my husband.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 9:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My BF, followed closely by my aunt.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Hopefully, we all have someone in our lives who can be an encouragement whether it is a family member or friend. Even if the ones we expect to be there for us let us down, we can seek out encouragement from someone who will lift us up rather than tear us down.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My grandma and my sister. My parents are two...but I have very special bonds with my grandma and sister
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My mom. All of my family are very helpful and encouraging, but my mom definately goes above and beyond.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My grandmother was also one of the most supportive people in my life before she passes away. Actually, all my grandparents were. Wish my own kids could have spent more time with them.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• That was sweet!
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 10:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2010