Disadvantages and Advantages of being a single mother

Hello ladies I need some help.......I am doing a research paper on Disadvantages and advantages of being a single mother and I need some of you ladies opinions. What is the positive things about being a single mother and what are some negatives?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in

• Your positive is you really can have alone time.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Negative-no help, no father, no support in the house hold, when they are sick-no one to watch the other kids so you can take care of them-sometimes go to the hospital, when you are sick you still take care of them, no taking turns getting up in the middle of the night.

Positive-no questioning the rules their all yours, no coming home and cooking dinner sometimes sandwiches and soup are ok, alone time for you.

Good luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Positive - get to make all of the decisions without having to compromise with someone else, being able to do what you want, if the kids visit their dad you get "free time"

Negative - you have to make all of the decisions alone (if you make a mistake, there's nobody else to blame!), not having support and encouragement.

Answer by missanc at 10:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Positives: no having to compromise on the big parenting decisions like diet, discipline, etc. no having to compromise on life changes like where and how you want to live. it lends itself to a close bond between the child(ren) and the sole parent. as a single parent, it was very motivating and empowering to me to improve my life and to be able to take care of my kids by myself.

Negatives: while there is no compromise on such things as listed above, there is no help and support with those things either. financially it is tough.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Positive is I don't share my son with anyone.

Negative is he doesn't have a dad in his life.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:31 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• positive - i get to make all the decisions..negative..if i screw up its ALL my fault..LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:00 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Positive is I don't share my girls with anyone.I have the influnce on them.
    negative..if i screw up its ALL my fault no one to blame but me.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:31 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• I am not a single mother, but I have many friends who are. I honestly don't know how they do it most days. I know that they really like having a break when their children are with their dad, but it is also hard for them to be away from their kids even though they need the rest.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:33 AM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Positive is you don't have to consult anyone about how to parent.
    Negative is you don't have anyone to consult.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:30 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• i see alot of people putting u get a break when they go with thier dads well that is not always the case in some cases the children do not go to them and dont even know them so the negative is there is no help mentally physically financially unless u recieve child support no help whne u r sick or have to take care of one sick child while the others run amuck its hard to split ur time with the children if u have more than one and give each of them the one on one time they need because u are having to do everything urself with no help

posotive i get to have my children all to myself even tho they make me want to pulkl my hair out sometimes i honestly do not know what i would do without them they are what keeps me going everyday they are the reasons why i want to wake up in the morning they are my everything and my life and i do not have to share that with anyone but me and my kids
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 2:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2010