taking a bath......

Ok this is an honest question that I really have no idea on. I don’t want to hear ANY BASHING! This is just an honest question. Ok so my friend asks me today a question that when I was pregnant I don’t remember the answer too. She asks me if it was ok to take a bath when you are pregnant? I told her that I thought you could take a bath when you are pregnant, but then I was talking to my grandma she thought that you couldn’t take one, and if you did it had to be only warm, because the baby could over heat with the hot water, which kinda makes a point and brings me to my next question, if you take a hot bath could the baby overheat? When my grandma and I were talking about my pregnancy she didn’t think I ever took a bath when I was pregnant with my son and I thought I remembered that when I was really sore I took a few hot baths to make me feel better, but I don’t know. What do you think?

Jasmine0530

Asked by Jasmine0530 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I took a ton of baths during my pregnancy. The "no bath" thing is an old wives tale - it was thought that they could cause infection, I believe. Baths are safe. Heck, I took one at home while in labor and delivered my son in one at the hospital. You do need to be mindful of the temperature. Hot baths (and hot tubs) will raise your body temperature, which is not good. As long as it's a warm bath, you're fine. I recommend bubbles!
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 11:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I wouldn't suggest a HOT bath either b/c it raises your temp which in end raises the baby's temp and is not good for baby. But a warmer bath wouldnt be bad, she could also try a heating pad on her back, that is safe
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Being a Mother of 8, I did take some baths, warm water. it was fine. Karen

https://www.shopgbg.com/GetStartedNow.aspx?ID=halaluYah7777
    halaluYah

Answer by halaluYah at 9:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My OB/GYN told me that it can cause ... what's the freaking word...???? Oh yeast infections but they say that any girl/woman taking a bath has that risk not just being pregnant, I guess it's just up to you. I know I did when I was pregnant but my children didnt like theyd kick me like crazy when I got in...
    MAyers

Answer by MAyers at 9:59 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I took so many baths with my 1st daughter. I had restless leg syndrom so bad i cried lol. My dr said for it not to be super hot and to make sure my whole belly is not covered in water. This time around i have maybe taken 4 baths. I dont want to take one unless im in major pain like my last pregnancy. Have you talked to your Dr?
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• yeah i heard the same thing; no baths due to raise in your body temp, etc etc; i and my sister both took baths with our pregnancies and had no issues, so I am unsure why they state not too...
    Anonymous

• you can but it does have to be warm not hot
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:24 AM on Oct. 8, 2008