Good recipes to use up leftovers?

I hate throwing food away! I am always looking for ideas to use up the leftover meats and veggies we have on hand. What are your favorites?

getrealmama

Asked by getrealmama at 10:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• left over stew...

If I have left over chicken, beef or anything like that. I make a stew out of it, and serve on the side noodles, mash Potatoes or salad depending on how hearty it is....

Simply add meat and if you have any left over veges, or just put a bag of frozen veges in it. simmer and cook... UMMM UMMM GOOD... Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I'm a soup fan... but even stew is a good place to put a variety of meats and vegetables. Since I'm easily grossed out by overcooked vegetables, I put any leftovers in just to heat at the end. The meats can go at any time.

I like cold meats on sandwiches, and if the veggies are flavoured, sometimes they're a nice addition too --like sliced roast sandwiches with braised vegetables (like green beans or eggplant)... mmmm.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Depends on the leftover. You can always freeze your leftovers so you're not eating the same thing 2 days in a row. OR anything can be used in a quiche.
    JacqulynClayton

Answer by JacqulynClayton at 10:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My favorites are quiches, salads, fried rice, quesadillas and grilled cheese sandwiches. If it's something like stew or soup, I usually do make double and freeze some for later. I frequently make whole chickens and I am getting pretty good at using the leftovers creatively. Just looking for fresh ideas, things I may not have thought of.
    getrealmama

Comment by getrealmama (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• For leftover beef, I like to make a hash with cooked potatoes for a breakfast meal.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:47 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I usually do up some sort of casserole dish. Leftover sauteed squash, carrots, any veggies really go well in a dish with chicken, beef or pork, a gravy or cream sauce, and pasta or potatoes. Yum.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:42 PM on Aug. 19, 2010

• Soup, stew, stir fry, or put them in the food processor and regrind them up and make a true meat loaf you can make a lunch meat ut of. You have to add eggs and a few other things and rebake it but it makes a good lunch meat with port, beef and chicken
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2010