How does advertisement affect your decision making?

I thought about this question this morning as I saw a "For Rent" sign on the side of the road which had clearly been used multiple times as it had "House" scribbled out and "Trailer" written in.
When I was looking for a place to rent I looked n the local paper and drove around bc I felt that craigslist would only post things that were either overly priced or not in my area (found to be true through my searches), items in my local shopper (free ads) are usually run down homes or bad neighborhoods, realators have over priced listings, etc. Where I see the ad, the condition of the advertisement (either paper with misspellings, etc) or sign (as above) etc determines if I will check into something.

How do these condition effect your decisions?
What are some examples?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 10:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Shopping

• i feel that mis-spelled words when you are trying to be professional, especially in advertising or formal messages is unacceptable. that is what spellcheck and dictionaries are for. i tend to look the other way if it is something major.

but as far as real estate companies are concerned, they can charge more for advertisement because most will go the farthest they can with marketing something for sale. as opposed to a sign in a yard and no other avenues to relay it to potential customers. plus they go through a lot of training and school and tests to get to that point. they work for free until they get a sale. they know what they are doing and because of housing laws can not lie or hide truths about a house that a for sale by owner can.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Actually,
    I use to think that way... Mispelled words, not a biggie everyone makes mistakes...

As you mature you realize, You can't judge a book by its cover...

My landlord was very detailed, orderly, intelligent, but he is lier, scammer, and cheap as hell. I just moved here, and I am moving in a year. Go figure....

Don't judge a book by its cover.... Sometimes people can talk you into doing somethign you don't want too do... He did that too me and I am getting better at it... but he got me.... :(
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2010