taking a bath PIOG

Ok this is an honest question that I really have no idea on. I don’t want to hear ANY BASHING! This is just an honest question. Ok so my friend asks me today a question that when I was pregnant I don’t remember the answer too. She asks me if it was ok to take a bath when you are pregnant? I told her that I thought you could take a bath when you are pregnant, but then I was talking to my grandma she thought that you couldn’t take one, and if you did it had to be only warm, because the baby could over heat with the hot water, which kinda makes a point and brings me to my next question, if you take a hot bath could the baby overheat? When my grandma and I were talking about my pregnancy she didn’t think I ever took a bath when I was pregnant with my son and I thought I remembered that when I was really sore I took a few hot baths to make me feel better, but I don’t know. What do you think?

Jasmine0530

Asked by Jasmine0530 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• I took many baths while pregnant. It helped relieve my aching muscles. They were warm, not hot. You don't want to cook the baby.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I always took baths. They calmed me. And yes if the water is too hot you can cause damage to the baby... there is a certain temp you should go over. the farther along you are the less baths you should take, and you really need to be careful around you due date that your water doesnt break allowing bacteria up in to your cervix. BUT back to you question... yes you can take baths as long as they arent too hot
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:44 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I took baths...not only that but when I was in labor AT the hospital they let me get in the tub to help with the labor pains.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:45 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• oh yeah....I was only able to get in the tub at the hospital because my water had not broke.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 9:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Baths are perfectly safe! I took nothing but baths for the first 7 months....it's just not too easy to get out of the bathtub at 8 1/2 months pregnant now! As long as the water isn't scalding hot, like as hot as a hot tub, then all is well.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yeah a bath is fine they just don't want you lying in HOT HOT water due to the temp. But a warm bath is fine!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 9:58 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I think that baths r safe 4 2 reasons. 1 bc they do calm u & 2 bc if anything happens (i.e.ur water breaks or u start getting contractions) ur sitting down bc if ur getting a shower, u might run the risk of slipping & falling if they happen suddenly. In fact my husband preferred them, but had 2 help me in & out the last month & a half lol lol
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2008