does anyone feel there husband is insecure about your ex and tries to make communication difficult where kids are concerned only ex was not a good ex to myself or children but they still talk from time to time well more like once in a blue moon and does not pay child suppoer either but new husband has been there and done for mines for the past 5 yrs alot

SOMETIMES I JUST FEEL IF HE KNOWS ONE OF MY KIDS SPOKE TO THEIR FATHER I THINK IT BOTHERS HIM AND SHOWS IT TO ME, NOTHING I CAN DO EVEN THOUGH THE EX WAS AN ASS TO US.

akamom400

Asked by akamom400 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• He don't have the right too keep the kids from their father no matter what type of man he is...
    '
    He is insecure and true love there should not be lies, trust issues, or anything. You will have your ups and downs. Agrue from time to time but there should not be a problem with trust. You need to be sure he is the right one for you and your children.

I am going through a difficult time and am not giving up, but we moved separate and partly because of his insecurity. Love me for me and trust me is what I believe, if we don't have that we don't have nothing... Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't blame him for not liking your ex! Guy sounds like a total loser! Your husband probably is thinking what is best for the kids.. hate to say it but why put them through the hurt of having a less than part time real father when there is someone who is always there for them all the way around? Ex bearly calls, doen't pay child support.. why is he still in the picture! Have you asked your husband how he feel about the loser?
    And there is something you can do.. cut him out of your life and your kids lives.. he is doing more damage than good.. I would make him earn his right's as a father.. he acts more like a sperm doner!!! sorry but that is the way the situation sounds!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Nope. My ex isn't "bad," but he's a jerk to me. (Decent to the kids.) My DH supports my kids more than their dad does (he pays minimal child support), but he's never made an issue of it. He supports their relationship with their dad, and never has anything negative to say about him.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My husband and my ex can't stand each other. But they both understand that they are both a part of the children's lives and they have to suck it up and be civil and adult about it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• he doesn't keep them from talking or communicating, but I can tell he doesn't care for it AND i believe it is because of the way my ex treated them .my kids confided in him.so even though I THINK HIS CONCERN FOR THERE FEELINGS IS PURE GENUINE . response to KFree907 answer don't think you read question accurate
    akamom400

Comment by akamom400 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• it doesn't sound like insecurity to me, it sounds like he feels like the guy is a jackass and does nothing for his children while being taken care of by him. however, he should not be taking his feelings out on you or the kids - regardless of the fact that the x is a worthless idiot, he is still their bio father. to create barriers in the kids' relationship with him will only cause big problems later in your husband's relationship with them. just remind your husband that the kids will grow up one day and see the truth for themselves - until then they are too little to understand the adult aspects of things and he shouldn't resent them or you for it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sounds like you have yourself an bitchen husband who support you and men like that are few and far inbetween.. I think his feelins for then are genuine too, or he wouldn't have married you ;).. I also don't think your hubby is insecure at all. He just don't have any respect for "ex aka sperm doner" Do what you feel is right for your family.. i would be such an ass to that guy.. he doens't in my book deserve to be apart of their lives til he earns it... anyone can say their a parent but our actions show it...
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• he shouldnt get mad cause your ex is the father of your kids but that is wonderfull that your husband is there for you & your kids
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 18, 2010