My neighbor has a daughter that is the same age as mine (3). My neighbors daughters' birthday was at the end of Sept. and we never heard anything about a party. I don't know if they did the family thing, or they are remodeling....maybe they're choosing to wait until they are finished or maybe we weren't invited. (We've always been invited in the past and she has always come to my daughters parties) Anyway, I bought a birthday present for her....but I feel kinda awkward. Should I just keep it, or leave it on her door's just awkward if they chose not to invite us. There are no hard feelings between us. We've always been very friendly. She even took care of my daughter when I had a miscarriage. What do you think?

Asked by beth0828 at 9:46 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• If it were me I'd call up the neighbor, explain to her that you bought her daughter a gift and would like to know what the best time to get it to her would be.

Answer by dedicatedrider at 9:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Just take it over and knock on the door. There's no reason to feel awkward if you are friendly. And, if they didn't have a party, or just did family, I'm sure she'll say something to you.

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would also give it to her. I am sure they will appreciate your kind gesture.

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 9:57 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• well since u already bought it might as well give it to her!!!! awww i think ur soooo sweet im sure the neighbor will appreciate it!=)

Answer by beautifulesme at 10:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would give it 2 her. Since u have always been friendly w/ ea. other, I'm sure there's a logical reason 4 her actions.

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 7, 2008