I am so glad she knows what is best for MY child...

I have a neighbor who I probably speak with ( all together) about 20 minutes a week...and in that very little bit of time she preceeds to tell me how I am doing everything wrong with my children. I have a 9 year old, 5 year old, and a 2 year old... my older two excel in school, they all have very fun personalities, and beyond their ages.... not to mention the only time they have to go to the Doctors is for regular check ups ( meaning they are healthy) .... this woman has a 1 year old and sees her daughter less than 1 hour a day ( she has 2 nannies ) ... and everytime I see the baby she is hacking and has a runny nose..... but yet this woman who has one child that is younger than mine knows exactly how to raise MY kids....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can find those mom's everywhere.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sounds like she just needs to feel better about herself. I would cut those 20 minutes a week down to 1 minute in forever just to tell her to take care of her own child and mind her own business.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Some people think that they know everything. I'd bet she's also insecure - she's trying to tell you that she's a better parent because she sees your kids healthy and hers isn't. She thinks that if she tells you that you are doing something wrong it will make it so. Ignore her, she needs to get a life.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:50 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Tell her to shove it! People are way to passive these days! I speak my mind, and i love that about myself. If i were you'd i'd probably go off on her!
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• She sounds insecure to me... perhaps what she's telling you is what she's hoping is true, or what she isn't sure about with her kid...Without being the slightest bit defensive (which, I'm sorry to say, you sound like in your explanation of 'why she's wrong') you can respond with something dull like 'that's not been my experience' or 'that's an interesting way of looking at it' or the ever-useful 'mmmmm?'

The solution is to look placidly distracted at her while she's talking about subjects you're not interested in discussing until she stops talking or changes the subject, then look interested in whatever else she has to say... inside three weeks, she'll stop talking about why she's the only right kind of parent and expand her range ...and be more interesting to talk to.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:59 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Why do you care what she says....you know you are doing a good job and you know she is barely doing anything as long as she has 2 nannies. LOL. WHy you would even talk with her is beyond understanding...why do you? I wouldn't.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Could be she's jealous maybe? I don't know. I have people butting in my life all the time telling me i'm doing this wrong or that wrong but I just usually ignore them. The other day an older woman told me my almost 4 year old should not but wearing sandals cause it's bad for her developing feet. Sneakers would be better. I politely told her that she should mind her own business, i'll take care of MY OWN children.
    mychinababy

Answer by mychinababy at 11:11 AM on Aug. 18, 2010