What do you think about cheer leaders?

My daughters are cheering now. I hear some messed up stuff about them, but don't worry because people judge them. I think it is a great confidence builder....

What about you???

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I like cheerleading when I was in it. I was in Elementary, but, wasn't popular enough for junior high and high school. LOL Sucks.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I've always found cheerleading pretty obnoxious, but I wouldn't say anything to a kid who likes doing it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• And you become popular just by being a Cheerleader. I think it probably would be fun to be one.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• like, ya know, whatever!
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 10:51 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was a cheerleader, and I loved it! Of course there will always be the bitchy little skanks out there that give all cheerleaders a bad name, but I didn't let them get me down. Once people saw that I wasn't a stereotypical cheerleader, they showed me respect. It is all about how a person presents themself.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My daughter cheerleads and loves it!! I think its great for confidence and friends : )
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 10:52 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• My daughter plans on trying out this spring. My cousin was a cheerleader but quit, she wasn't into some of the messed up stuff the other girls were into. She didn't want to be around it. She didn't need the popularity, she was very popular with or without being a cheerleader.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:55 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was a cheerleader, and I loved it. People will always have something negative to say about it, don't let them pull your DD's down. They're jealous, plain and simple. It takes a lot of personality and skill to cheer - they only wish they had what your girls do :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Most girls gain popularity by becoming a cheerleader, therefore others become jealous and feel like the need to slander them just to make themselves feel good that they're not a cheerleader.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think cherrleaders are cute,energetic and full of team spirit. I just hope their uniforms are nice and cover them up...some of the professional teams' cheerleaders look like hookers...LOL...you know, the bare-midriff and teeny shorts that let everyone see half their rear ends...That is in appropriate. When I was in high school, the cheerleaders wore knee length pleated skirts and long-sleeved sweaters with the high school letter on them.COMPLETELY covered up.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2010