Hubby is getting a vasectomy on Friday. What can we expect? adult content

He is so worried about his drive and "staying power", if you get my drift. :D

How did things work out for you and your SO?

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 10:54 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• My husband had his done 12 years ago and there has been no change at all in his performance.  Neither you nor your dh will notice any difference.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I know my neighbor got one, and he was asking his wife for a bj the day afte the procedure, so i don't think it affects the drive much LOL
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 10:56 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• The doctor should have explained this all to you and your husband at a previous visit so you could think about it and make sure of your decision. I just went with my 22 yo son to the urologist Monday. He wants a vasectomy because he has 2 genetic diseases he can pass on. His oldest brother had a stillborn baby and has gotten a vasectomy. His other brother has a 23 mo toddler that was diagnosed with one of the diseases at 12 mo. He is not doing well and has a 50/50 chance of surviving. The one disease I have, he and both his brothers have, and now his nephew. The other disease he got from his dad.

Nothing changes when you have a vasectomy except a slight change in vol. My son is having the most modern procedure with needleless injections. My ex had one and was fine the next day. My other son said it was no big deal.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:04 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't wanna preach but make sure this is 100% what you both want. I know so many people, male and female who have done permanent (or pretty much because reversal is so spendy) birth control and regret it. He says he would never allow someone to "mess with his junk" lol But as far as your question there is no way to tell. A friend of mine was fine the next day whereas my brother was in pain for about 2 weeks. Good luck.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Hey ladies. Thanks for your advice and answers. I have had 3 c-sections and during my last, my doc told me that another pregnancy would be very dangerous for both me and the baby. During my 6 week postpartum he explained how much scar tissue I grew (it grew onto some of my organs) and how my uterus was being weaked with each incision he made.

Needless to say, we aren't risking it. So hubby is getting snipped.
    CaseyErin

Comment by CaseyErin (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• He'll be in and out within an hour. Once the numbing medicine wears off he's going to be kind of sore, but he will have pain meds. He's going to need to keep it iced for a few days and probably wear a jock strap. As far as performance goes, nothing will change. The first time we had sex after the two week time frame was up, he was relieved that it all felt the same. He had to be the one to get it. I also had a lot of c-sections and when I went for my last one, I wanted my tubes tied but there was too much scar tissue to visualize both tubes. I could not handle another c-section either.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:35 PM on Aug. 18, 2010