Night sweats can you help?

I am going to 50 next month, no period for a year now. For the past 4 years its been 6 months having it and 6 months nothing. great getting old. well in the evening hours and bedetime, i get sweats so bad I cant staqnd it. AI am awake most of the night taking covers off and then putting them back on. I have been taking tylenol pm to help sleep better but I cant get over the night sweats. any suggestions? i also have cardio vascular disease so i dont want to take any other meds. any suggestions will be appreicated.

cmrbored

Asked by cmrbored at 10:58 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• Try cutting back on the amount of sugar you eat. Too much will increase the sweats at night.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:03 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Have you talked to your gyno about this? It may be peri-menopause, and there are natural things you can try to help relieve that. I don't want to give you any advice on what to take because of your cardio vascular disease, you really should talk to a doc because even "natural" remedies can interfere with that condition and/or any medications you are taking.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Keep the room cool, use a fan if you need to (even in the winter).  Keep a towel by the bed (it helps).  Try Black Cohosh and try to get plenty of soy in your diet.

I'm thankful that we have a king size bed.  I can sleep far enough from my dh that I don't feel his body heat as well.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yeah, it goes in cycles - the Up cycles are the worst. Avoid alcohol and caffeine (so they say). I take an antidepressant when it gets really bad because I just can't stand it - makes me want to cry.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:02 PM on Aug. 18, 2010