Dry/Cotton mouth,Heart condition.Alchohol poisoning? Could these be related?

Okay..confusing question.
17 year old young man has a heart condition from birth.
3 weeks ago, he has a going away party at his mothers house and ends up getting trashed(i.e. DRUNK OUTTA HIS SKULL)
He had a hangover the next day...including cotton mouth.
The cotton mouth hasnt gone away since then.
He had a dr.appt with his heart specialist last Tues, they found some blockage that wasnt expected so soon..it WAS expected to happen due to th econdition but not so soon.

ANYWAY.he went to his college last Wednesday.Today he had to drive himself to the E.R., he's experienceing chest pain and still has that dry/cotton mouth.
His dad asked me if I thought it could be alcholol poisoning.I don't think so..its been too long. I don't think him drinking was smart.
But could it be related? You ever hear of such a thing?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:01 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Health

• The symptoms may only be coincidental... I mean, not triggered by the alcohol, but just happened along with.

No, it's far too late for it to be alcohol poisoning...when the symptoms of the hangover go away, the toxins are gone. Symptoms being things like dehydration, lack of energy, dizziness, wobbly stomach, sore kidneys, vision difficulties...

Cotton mouth is not normally a symptom (gross mouth, sure, but not dry mouth)... but the shock to his system of all that alcohol at once might have brought on underlying symptoms in an un-ignorable way.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:07 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• no, it is not alcohol poisoning 3 weeks later
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't think it's alcohol poisoning. I had that once. TMI and gross but I was wiping black crud out of my mouth! EWWW!!!

but could it be related to getting trashed? YES drinking with a heart condition is not smart at all.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Thats what I was thinking too, Linda...that the drinking may have brought on these underlying symptoms that may have happened later rather than sooner.
    Sigh. I really hope he's going to be okay.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2010