How do I chart my BBT without having at least three hours of rest?

I just purchased the tenth edition of Taking Charge of your Fertility. What a great resource! What an idea, to have women actually educate themselves about their cycles and have children, not out of ignorance and mistaken method, but by choice and desire!

I have a question about taking my temps though, and I am hoping someone can help. According to the book you should have a min. of three hours of uninterrupted rest before taking your temp. Well, I never have that. I get up to pee at least every two to three hours and my DD doesn't sleep through the night, and she always nurses between the hours of 4 am and 8am. So, what am I supposed to do? Any ideas would be appreciated. Of course I can still chart/ observe my CM and CP. Ideas

When motherhood becomes the fruit of a deep yearning, not the result of ignorance or accident, its children will become the foundation of a new race. ~Margaret Sanger

petunia911

Asked by petunia911 at 9:48 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You can still chart, but it won't be very accurate. You could always go ahead and start doing it just to get in the habit of taking your temp when you wake, but I wouldn't rely on it unless you get the 3 hours of sleep. There's just really no way around that!! I've been charting since December, and have done a ton of research myself, and talked with my doc in length about it. Temping isn't always accurate anyways, but it's going to be even less so if you don't get the sleep you're supposed to.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008