What do you consider intimacy?

For me, it can be a look from acr0ss a crowded room, a whisper of a kiss 0n your lips, laughter at a joke that no one understands but the two of you. I think it can be a soft touch, or holding hands. Grocery shopping or cooking a meal together, a smile.....What do you think?

debnich501960

Asked by debnich501960 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Hit the highlights, as far as I can see...

Perhaps an emotional sense of 'leaning toward'... hmmm.. interesting question.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Any alone time I get w/ my husband w/o kids arguing, dog chasing the cat, or the guinea pigs squealing lol.
    JacqulynClayton

Answer by JacqulynClayton at 11:09 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Ditto, I love it when he grabs my hips and slowly wraps his arms around me.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• To me, there are a million tiny things that are intimate, like when my husband comes in from work and wraps his arms around me, the tiny kiss at the bottom of my neck when he wraps his arms around my waist, the smile across a crowded room that I know is meant for me, the touch of our hands as we both reach for something at the same moment, the way our feet touch as we drift off to sleep, all small little intimacies that keep us connected.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• mine would be staying away from each other lol we seem to argue everytime we are together so its peaceful when we are both away from each other lol
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• although the things you list are good, those to me are not "intimate" - to me intimacy is deeper...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• An empathic bond.  When you can say I love you with just a look across a crowded room, then the soft kisses and intimate touches easily fall into place.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:51 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree with all of your examples! My husband and I are close. The most intimate thing to me is when we are laying or sitting next to each other and he reaches to hold my hand. The weight of the world is always lifted from me when he does that and I just feel him and I are alone even if the house is full.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 1:56 PM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yeah that is part of it also cuddling holding hands watching a movie together staring at each others eyes
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 18, 2010