Haircolor - Highlights

I am a dark blonde naturally, i want to keep my base color but i dont know what color to use for highlights, i really want to look blonde, any ideas what color for highlights
Have you heard of " Baby Beige Blonde highlights" is it a good color ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Go to a salon and ask for recommendations. They should have samples there that you can compare to your hair color. I have brown hair; I used to get highlights, but I found it fried my hair, so I do color now.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Wow I never heard of that. I have a light brown base and I do blond foils. It is amazing how much it brightens me up.
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 11:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Don't use anything yourself. If you want it done correctly, pay the difference to go to a salon. It's liable to cost you more money in the long run, if you don't like it after you do it yourself. Trust me, with blonds there are way too many mistakes that can be made. I always choose the white blond, simply because it looks the best with my skin tone. If you can pull off golden or yellow, you might be okay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I would say you can put in some highlights.. a stylist will find out your level (probably an 8), and probably give you some level 10 (maybe 9 or 11 based on your natural level), and tone it to the proper shade you desire.

DEFINITELY go to a stylist though, they will know what to use, how to do it, and save you a TON of money in the long run. Like M-avi said, there are too many errors you can make if you don't know what you are doing, what you want to achieve, etc.

(although your mistakes tend to make ME more money, because color correction is a LOT more money in my pocket vs just coming to me first)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:21 AM on Aug. 19, 2010