Do you think that it is weird if you have not met your BFF's boyfriend?

She has been "dating" him since January and I have never met him.. Now he does live about 40 minutes away and she does spend most of her time at his house...

Is this weird? Is she embarassed of him? or me? LOL!

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 11:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Its not really weird.. sometimes when girls get with a guy, they kind of get obsessed and pull themselves away from friends.. she probably doesn't even realize it.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, 40 minutes isn't like 5 minutes. It probably hasn't occurred to her. You could suggest all of you getting together for a meal?

Answer by Bmat at 11:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think SuperrMommyy is right... she's probably just distracted. Invite them to something three or four times a month for the next few months and see if she's trying to keep him away from people.

Because, she might not be embarrassed about you, she might be unsure of him and unwilling to have a second pair of eyes looking...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:17 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If you are truly best friends and she's been dating him since January, I think it's pretty odd that you haven't met him. 40 minutes away isn't that far! My friends (not even my best friend) introduce their new BF's to me after a few dates if they plan on continuing the relationship. Have you asked your friend why you haven't met him?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Oooo..Good point!!
    chefronswife

Comment by chefronswife (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• If I were you, I would make it a point to invite them to do something with me and my SO or DH. If she acted like she did not want to, then I would ask her what was up!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You know it is very strange...she has turned into a "chameleon girlfriend" I think. She suddenly likes whatever he likes..music, furniture style, vehicles etc. And she is very secretive about thier activities - like she does not want anyone judging him or them.
    I have know her for 8 years and woudl never imagine her wanting to go to a Jimmy Buffet concert...no offense to JB fans!
    chefronswife

Comment by chefronswife (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Maybe she knows that you are going to see that she's not being herself? I had a friend like that, when I told her what I thought we had a "friend break up."
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yeah Scuba, I think that may be it in a nutshell.
    chefronswife

Comment by chefronswife (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• yeah 1 of this day ask her that you want to go out to lunch & tell she can invite her man to come with you guys to eat i hope that would work
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 18, 2010