How does my having sex toys make my daughter a bad influence??

Does it even make ME a bad inflence or a bad mom?

My daughter's are 11 and 9 and my neighbor's daughter is 10. The 3 of them used to play together every day.

Her mom saw me coming out of the sex shop at the mall and she tried to pretend she didn't see me, then I said hi and she said "sorry, I'm in a hurry".

That was 5 weeks ago. She hasn't let her daughter come to our house since then or invited my girls over to her house.

So I called her today and asked what was going on and she said "I saw where you were coming out from the other day at the mall. I tried not to make that an issue but you leave me no choice. I don't want my daughter near your kids or any other bad influence".

I'M PISSED OFF!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Wow.....if you're a bad influence because of you coming out of a "sex store" I hate to see what she would think of me....LOL!!

Don't worry about what closed minded ignorant people think. People are afraid of what they don't know and don't understand.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:24 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Sex (and all that's related to sex) is still *taboo* to some people and uncomfortable to think or talk about. I guess you could try talking about it with her, but she most likely won't change her mind and that's sad. You've done nothing wrong
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Bwahahahahahaha! What a riot!!

Gawd, some people are total idiots, eh?

Seriously... do you want someone this judgmental and uptight in your life? Really?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Hahahahaha....she is a prude that thinks you are a stripper, or into crazy "bad" things or something stupid.

She probably has never been in the shop and has no clue what's in there. She may think it is a creepy ole man glory hole store.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• And NO... you are NOT a bad person or bad influence and I would like ot understand how your children are a bad influenece when I know they don't know about mommies toys and DEF don't play with them!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:18 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• She just getting mad because she ant getting no action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=}

No I don't think that what you do in your room should be any body's business. You parenting doesn't have to do with anything else. Ya are better off not talking to people like that.
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 11:19 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• That is sad, what you do in your bedroom has nothing to do with your children. Your not influencing them, you are not saying she saw you with men coming in and out of your home. She is completely over reacting.

I would talk to her about it she needs to grow up. Explain you have always liked me before and because I simply walked out of a certain store you don't want to be friends with me or you are making our children suffer and not be friends that is ridiculous. For all you know I could have been buying a gag gift, a special lingerie. You are completely judging me from seeing me walk out of a store. I can't believe it. Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Wow sounds like she may be a bit close minded.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I'd be pissed off too. What difference does that make at all? It has nothing to do with you as a parent, and nothing to do with your kids. It sounds like you don't want your kids playing with hers anyway, I bet they are judgmental prudes like their mother.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:15 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• WOW, sounds like someone needs to get laid or find some toys of her own! NO, what business is it of hers, you could have a swing in your room, and she wouldn't know the difference, and if she never saw you come out of that store she wouldn't even know that you liked to have fun! I say w/e to her.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 18, 2010