Question about highlights.

My hair is dark brown (never been colored or highlighted) and I want some blonde-ish highlights...how light should i go and how much? What would look best...I don't want any red. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It depends on how much you want it noticed. With dark brown and even medium, I like a very white blond. It seems to really stand out that way. Also, can your skin tone pull off any yellowish/golden tones? Mine cannot, therefore, I always go with white blond. Ask your stylist what her opinion is.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:22 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I think ash-blond highlights would look great,
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• talk to your stylist..

i would go with sudle highlights.. just enough to keep it natural, at first. Since your hair is virgin, they can also avoid decolorizing it if you are only going two shades lighter thanyour natural color.. they will tone it to keep red out of it as well if that's how you want it and find a color that matches well with your current natural shade.

Tell themyou want highlights two shades lighter than your natural color... no red, but matching with the warmth or coolness of your skin tone and eyes and hair color, so it's a natural like look.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:17 AM on Aug. 19, 2010