Hot tub is it safe if you might be prego?

Okay here is the problem. Dh and I are TTC and my ovulation date is this week. Well this weekend we are finally going out to celebrate our wedding anniversary. He wants to go to a hot tub place and dinner.

I would just literaly be prego. He says it would be safe if I am since I won't know for another couple of weeks any how. So what do you think? Is it safe to use hot tubs in the "conception" stage? I feel super dumb for aksing this. I know that hot tubs are not safe during pregnancy.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• No...it's not safe at any point in pregnancy.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 9:55 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Actually, I found out that i was pregnant the day we left for our honeymoon. I called my doctor because i was concerned about this as well. She said that its not safe, even if i were only a week pregnant. She said that the hot tubs are too hot =)... and its better to be safe than sorry.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:56 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• It's also not good for your husband's sperm either. So you may lose your chance at this month if either of you get in the hottub. I wouldn't, just in case you ovulate later than you think you will. I know it sucks that you shouldn't do that on your anniversary, but it's better safe than sorry. Unless you want to just take the chance, which I wouldn't advise!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• no, not good at all!
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:00 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• It depends on how hot the hot tub is.

Most home hot tubs can have their temp regulated. Anything above 100 is not safe. Anything in 98 or 99 degrees is fine, that's normal body temp & the baby won't know the difference.

We own a hot tub, and I used it throughout my pregnancy with the temp adjusted to 97, and verified it with a 2nd thermometer. The jets were actually good for my leg & back pain.

If you can adjust the heat in the hot tub, its' fine. If not, then I'd avoid it.
    Squirrell34

Answer by Squirrell34 at 8:34 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I've always heard that you shouldn't. Most hot tubs are around 112 degrees and that's not good. Even if you have just conceived you're still pregnant. But I liked what squirrell34 had to say about using a hot tub with adjustable temperature. It would pretty much be like sitting in a bathtub if it was at a safe temperature. But I don't know if I would want to use a public hot tub while being pregnant just because it would have bacteria in it. You just never know how clean things like that are if you don't clean them yourself.
    Eleanor_Rigby

Answer by Eleanor_Rigby at 10:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2008