Away from DD (repost)

I sent my daughter to FL to stay with my aunt for a little while until i get some things together up here. she is only suppose to be staying there until i get a real apartment up here (Im renting a room right now). But i feel like going to get her sooner than that. my aunt is trying to convince me to leave her down there but she doesnt know or understand how hard it is being away from your child. what should i do? i know by bringing her back here to live in a one room place could get me into alot of trouble and possibly get her thrown into a foster home. but i cant stand missing these times that i need to be there for. (my daughter is 18 months old and shes been in FL since april) i didnt see her walk, shes starting to talk and i dont want her to not know who i am. this is killing me plz help.

Anonymous_J

Asked by Anonymous_J at 11:25 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• why can't u move to FL to be nearer your dd? do u have a job? are u getting help? have u looked into low-income housing or something that would at least provide u with a decent place to live WITH your dd? of course it is hard being away from her but you need to get your life figured out and straight before you bring her back so that you can both be OK in the long run, kwim? ((((HUGS))))
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 11:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• im so sorry for that it must be really jard. do you have a job? if you dont then why not start over in florida maybe youll have a better life there that way you can try starting over but you know you are around your daughter. and well if you do then you shuld try and save up as much money as you can and look for an apartment because well if you bring her now it can get bad for heri mean i think she better in yor aunts house thenin a random foster home.
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Aww, that is so sad. I'm sorry to hear of your situation. She is your daughter. Do what you feel is best for her. Is living in a one room apartment the only reason for your not having her right now? I dont think they would take away your baby for living in a one room. As long as the living conditions were clean,no illegal activities were going on in the home and she was well taken care of. This is not your aunts decision, it is your decision.Not seeing her since April is a long time. I couldnt handle it.
    I don't know what would be the best advice to give, obviously there has to be more to this story. But I do wish you guys the best of luck no matter what you decide to do.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Op Here. Im currently in school. Ive looked into low income housing in FL but it takes months. which i do not have. and yes the only reason why i havent gone down there to get there to get her is because i dont want to have her taken away for my living conditions. Dont get me wrong, Im not dirty or anything. lol My house is acually very clean its just that idk if its big enough for her to do her thing. Meaning, run around and all that. idk.
    Anonymous_J

Comment by Anonymous_J (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• And not to mention, my aunt is trying to get PA for my DD out there and out me on child support... smh
    Anonymous_J

Comment by Anonymous_J (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• i wish you luck
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 7:40 PM on Aug. 18, 2010