Away from DD (repost)

I sent my daughter to FL to stay with my aunt for a little while until i get some things together up here. she is only suppose to be staying there until i get a real apartment up here (Im renting a room right now). But i feel like going to get her sooner than that. my aunt is trying to convince me to leave her down there but she doesnt know or understand how hard it is being away from your child. what should i do? i know by bringing her back here to live in a one room place could get me into alot of trouble and possibly get her thrown into a foster home. but i cant stand missing these times that i need to be there for. (my daughter is 18 months old and shes been in FL since april) i didnt see her walk, shes starting to talk and i dont want her to not know who i am. this is killing me plz help.

Anonymous_J

Asked by Anonymous_J at 11:27 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Can you go down to Florida and stay with your aunt too?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I don't think you can lose her for having her in a one room place... Moms don't lose their kids for being in shelters... you don't need to keep reposting, moms will come and answer your question. Just have patience
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:29 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• TRY WRITING DOWN IN A JOURNAL OR SOMETHING HOW YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE SPEAKING TO YOUR CHILD. MAKE IT A ROUTINE TO CALL HER AND TALK TO HER TO REMIND YOU OF WHY YOU ARE AWY FROM HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. EVEN KEEPING SOMETHING OF HERS THERE WITH YOU MAY HELPP.
    JACKIE.D.26

Answer by JACKIE.D.26 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Take a trip and go visit her .. you need to see her and see that she is okay. I think that will ease your mind A LITTLE.

And I believe the only way they can come take her from you for staying in a room with her is if the father tries to fight that. I'm not 100% certain, but you can always check into it. Consult a lawyer and ask them what your best option is. Go speak with a counselor about your feelings and you can cope with what is going on.

Good Luck!!
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Of course you should be with your daughter. They don't take toddlers away from mothers that live in one room. I was staying with one of my sons and he and his wife and my toddler grandson have a one bedroom apartment. I called CPS to make sure they couldn't get in trouble with me being there (3 adults and one child in a one bedroom apartment). The CPS lady was very nice and said there was no problem. In Arizona there is no limit to the number of people living together and the size of the place they are living. I would be more concerned about your aunt getting custody of your daughter because you sent her away.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:36 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• And not to mention, my aunt is trying to get PA for my DD out there and out me on child support... smh
    Anonymous_J

Comment by Anonymous_J (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Aug. 18, 2010