Would you tell your friend that her husband once cheated on her? adult content

Ok, so, I thought this only happened in the South (no offense to any southerners)! I'm asking anonymously because I don't want my friend to read this. Ok, here it is, my husband confided in me last night about something his best friend told him. But my husband begged me and made me promise that I won't tell his friend's wife.She's also a friend of ours.Anyway, apparently, his friend told him confidentially that 3 years ago, he cheated on his wife with HIS COUSIN!Yes, his OWN cousin.Now, first I find it disgusting that he cheated on his wife, period, but also WITH HIS OWN COUSIN. That's some sick shit! Now, I think that his wife deserves to know, but my husband made me promise I won't tell her. What do I do, do I lose the trust with my husband and tell her anyway, or do I keep my promise to my husband and not say anything, also, if I tell his wife, my husband will lose his friendship with his friend also. Ugghh, I'm so confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Aug. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope. It's none of my business. Why would you want to hurt her like that and possibly ruin their marriage? It's his responsibility to tell her. Someday, it will come around to bite him in the butt, but that's his problem.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:34 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No, I wouldn't bother to say anything about it. It happened 3 years ago and as long as he wasn't still doing it then I would ignore it and be happy.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have no idea, but I bumped you up. Good luck!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I was thinking, deep down, he could have been hoping that it gets back to his wife because he does feel guilty about it. But, again, that's his problem and he shouldn't be allowed to take the easy way out.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:35 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I have to agree, it is not your place. That's just sick...
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 11:36 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• You have to stay out of it. I'm not saying what he did was right (ewww), but it's his business with his wife.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:37 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• I agree that it isn't your business, and who's to say she will believe you? Denial is a great thing. I don't agree with the fact you will ruin their marriage, because it's already ruined and there is nothing you can do about it other than make the end of it come quicker. Maybe, they will get stronger after it is dealt with. I think you need to talk to ur DH and ask him strait why he thought you wouldn't tell someone especially the dudes wife! And btw it happens w/ families up north too, i've seen it in ny before.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• No. Don't say anything. You will just cause problems and maybe break up their marriage, ruin your friendship and cause trouble with your own husband. Nothing good will come of it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:41 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Yeah I'd stay out of it totally. Plus ur husband told you this in confidence and he comes first :). Your poor friend though :(
    Walker101

Answer by Walker101 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

• Mind your business, your husband confided in you and you need to respect that besides it was 3 years ago.

If anything ever comes up then you didn't know... Stick to it. Most likely you will just cause a fight, break up friendships including yours and be the bad person...

Good luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 18, 2010